Viewpoints, Political ideas, Comic News, and whatnot

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 the start of a new decade

Well, 2010 is but a memory. 2011 is now. I can’t believe it’s been a decade since Y2K. A lot has happened in 10 years. Although amazingly we only have 2 presidents during this decade, 3 if you count ERAP. I had 3 job changes during this decade. I met a lot of people thru the DC message boards this decade. Facebook, plurk, twitter and all them social media appeared like mushrooms during the last 10 years.

The kids have grown so much during the last 10 years. My eldest is about to graduate high school. It makes me feel old. Comics have grown during the last decade. The Philippines seem to have fallen backwards during the last 9 years before P-Noy took the presidency.

Japanese, Chinese and Korean culture has swept the country by storm in this last 10 years making the Filipino culture almost unknown to most of the Filipino people. Churches have flourished and have divided also. It was about 10 years ago that my family transferred to the vineyard and about 6 years later gone to do house churches. I also appeared on TV during this decade. My feature in 700 club Asia seem to be replaying over and over the last 6 years I think. My dad has shifted religion from Christianity to the more legalistic Jewish traditions. My mom aged horribly during this last decade. I was diagnosed with diabetes 3 years ago, now I’m in medication ever since.

My kids were elementary and now high school during this decade. My kids won’t win any loyalty awards since they had different schools during their high school life.

Well, a new year means new hope. I’m no believer in new year resolutions because often than not it isn’t really followed. It’s like broken promises.

I think this year will be a good year for us, unlike the last 2 years where we really struggled in every aspect of our lives. This year shows promise.

Welcome 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I'm a comic and movie buff. I love superhero stuffs and anime. I got 2 lovable kids.