Viewpoints, Political ideas, Comic News, and whatnot

Monday, January 10, 2011

Reflections on my birthday

When I was younger, we celebrate my birthday with my sister’s. We have the same birth month although 6 days apart. Every year we celebrate together. My younger brother celebrates alone. I, on the other hand, like my 2 kids celebrate jointly. It’s been a long time since I celebrated my birthday. We didn’t celebrate it for years since my sister died in 1989. I felt really alone all these years. Sometimes it seems like we can’t move on. I loved my sister so much. This coming Sunday she’ll be celebrating her 42nd birthday had she lived. My mom will always be sad and lonely with the fact that her daughter died before her. My dad will always be in denial that she misses her so much.

Birthdays are both happy and sad at the same time. Happy for the moment that another year has been added in your life and sad knowing that you grow more older by the day.

in reflecting on my life these past few years, it’s been a blessing so far. God never seem to abandon us no matter what the circumstances we’re in.

I’m not alone in celebrating my birthday. I have my family and friends. All loved by me.

Another year has passed and this new one is looking brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I'm a comic and movie buff. I love superhero stuffs and anime. I got 2 lovable kids.